There are a few key roles you need to fill in your startup. What you call them is up to you. Whether you fill them with fewer people is also.
- You need the the person that is the face of the company and sells to the market, investors, partners, board members. (CEO)
- You need the person that gets things done. (COO)
- You need the person looking for the next big thing (CTO)
- You need a rainmaker. The one that finds customers and closes deals. (VP Biz Dev.)
- …and you need good advisors.
A lot of technology starts get heavy on one end. Launching a company is not the time to develop new business skills. Find the right people.
Read “Blueprint to a Billion” by David Thomson