Don’t release crap. But also, don’t try to release the perfect product. It will be too expensive and someone will beat you to the market. On top of all of it is the fact that there is no way to know how the customer will react until they have a chance try it for themselves.
- Do enough market validation work to understand if there is pain in the market and to what extent the customer is willing to pay for relief of that pain.
- Then understand the basic customer expectations for the price they are willing to pay.
- Release a product with the most basic features that address the pain directly.
- Set up a feedback loop directly from the customers.
- Implement the feedback and iterate like crazy.
Customers will guide you to what they need and are willing to buy. And they will reward you well for asking.